We are the preferred option for many local authority child care services and, unlike many larger fostering agencies, we know all our carers and their placements on a personal and individual basis. Furthermore, our dedicated and highly skilled carers are given 'around the clock' support and are never left to deal with a crisis situation alone.
Regulated by Care & Social Services Inspectorate in Wales, our services conform to the exacting standards expected and receive excellent annual inspection reports. Small enough to care, yet large enough to exceed expectations, we are dedicated to providing an exemplary level of service and pride ourselves on having achieved an outstanding national reputation.
An new FOCAS on exceptional care
An independent fostering agency, we specialise in providing high quality, family-based care for children with severe emotional, behavioural, and attachment difficulties who have experienced neglect, abuse and, frequently, a number of placement moves.
We therefore believe the matching process of placement to carer is of fundamental importance. And through stringent processes we ensure our foster carers only look after children perfectly matched to their skills and area/s of expertise. Furthermore, we endeavour to locate placements as close to their schools and friends.
Ambition for better lives
Many hundreds of children and young people have already benefited tremendously from our hard work and dedication. And we believe in providing positive outcomes for:
- Children and young people who need assessment for a long-term plan
- Family groups
- Children and young people of all ages in crisis
- Pre- and post-birth assessment and educational parenting programmes
- Children and young people with special education / medical needs
- Full-time respite where the current care situation is in danger of breakdown / prevention work
- Bridging to adoption; particularly for older children
- Victims of sexual abuse
- Children in Youth Justice Systems: bail and remand as an alternative to secure accommodation / custody
To find out more about NEWFOCAS, please call us on 01244 550 300